Community Clinical Support Worker - Hospital Home Care
NHS AfC: Band 3
- NHS AfC: Band 3
- Permanent: Relevant Mileage will be paid for this role
- Part time - 24 hours per week (Potential for various contracts available including 36 hrs / 30 hrs or 24 hrs per week)
- Across Bay
- Cross bay including FGH / RLI and South Lakes area
- £20,330 - £21,777 £18,813 to £20,795 per annum/pro rata
- 17/04/2023 23:59
''A great place to be cared for; a great place to work''
University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay has a firm commitment to strengthening the diversity of our workforce, and therefore welcome and encourage applications from likeminded people who can support our ambition to become effortlessly inclusive. We are particularly keen to hear from protected groups – including BAME, LGBT+ and people with a disability.
Support Workers / Carers – Hospital Home Care Team
UHMB are looking for Support Worker / Carer staff within the South Cumbria area to help with patient’s discharges who have care or rehabilitation needs at home whilst their longer term care arrangements are being established. You will be integral in supporting patients to reach their goals as they return home from their stay in hospital.
Our service also provides high quality outreach care at home for our patients whilst they are awaiting a permanent care provider to begin.
If you want to work for a Trust which offers:-
- more than the minimum wage as a salary
- an extra 35% enhanced wage for working on a Saturday and any weekday evenings and an extra 69% for working Sundays and bank holidays
- an annual increase in salary every year
- 14.38% towards your pension every month
- 27 days holiday (pro rata) increasing to 29 after 5 years’ service and 33 days after 10 years PLUS bank holidays
- a huge number of discounts in high street and other stores through NHS Discounts and the Blue Light Card
- In-house Occupational Health and Wellbeing team with speedy referrals for counselling, CBT and MSK issues along with free annual health checks
- A relocation package of 20% of your salary up to £8000 if you live more than 60 miles away from the Trust and need to relocate
- Paid emergency leave (up to 7 days)
- Lease car opportunity
Main duties of the job
Why not come and see what University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay has to offer?
What else will we offer you?
- 6 weeks notice of rotas
- Access to a Learning and Development hub
- Opportunities for bank or additional hours
- A supportive team environment which values the input of the team
- A structured two-way appraisal process to support your ongoing development
- A focus on employee involvement where your contribution is valued
- Encouragement for your professional development
- Opportunity to be part of our transformational programme of combining acute and community services
- - Excellent location of our sites near the Lake District to support a healthy worklife balance
As you will be required to travel to patient’s homes within rural locations your own transport or the ability to travel is an essential requirement to this role and you will require ‘business’ on your vehicle insurance. This does not usually incur any additional costs from insurance companies but does allow you to drive between clients homes. Any travel you do in the course of this role will be reimbursed to you.
Working for our organisation
We operate from three main hospitals - Furness General Hospital (FGH) in Barrow, the Royal Lancaster Infirmary (RLI), and Westmorland General Hospital (WGH) in Kendal, as well as a number of community healthcare premises including Millom Hospital and GP Practice, Queen Victoria Hospital in Morecambe, and Ulverston Community Health Centre.
FGH and the RLI have a range of General Hospital services, with full Emergency Departments, Critical/Coronary Care units and various Consultant-led services.
WGH provides a range of General Hospital services, together with an Urgent Treatment Centre, that can help with a range of non-life threatening conditions such as broken bones and minor illnesses.
All three main hospitals provide a range of planned care including outpatients, diagnostics, therapies, day case and inpatient surgery. In addition, a range of local outreach services and diagnostics are provided from community facilities across Morecambe Bay.
Our community services for adults are provided in people’s homes, community centres, clinics, GP Practices, community hospitals and our main hospitals. Our aim is to work with people to help them remain independent, improve their health and manage their conditions through high quality care, advice and support.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
To read more information about the advertised role, and the main job duties/responsibilities please open the Job Description and Person Specification located under the supporting documents heading. You can also read more information about University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay visiting our website https://www.uhmb.nhs.uk/
Education and qualifications
- NVQ Level 3 - in therapy or health and social care related subject and/or adequate exercise
- Food Hygiene Certificate
- Experience in a care setting
- Experience working within a community setting
- Previous experience as a Technical Instructor
Skills, ability and knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, using a variety of methods including written and verbal communication
- Reliable and honest, with a respect for privacy and confidentiality
- Genuine empathy and understanding of others
- Using a caring approach to working with others
- To use a person centred approach at all times
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Excellent time-keeping skills
- Understand the need for confidentiality
- Knowledge of moving & handling
- Ability to contribute ideas and following through when appropriate
- Good understanding of Client group
- Understanding of CQC requirements
- Ability to perform moderate to intense physical effort for short periods throughout the working day
- Ability to comply with the Trust's policies
- Ability to travel as required
- Must be willing to work night duties as required
- Ability to be flexible to accommodate the needs of the service
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Debra Green
- Job title
- Hospital Home Care Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Additional information
Hospital Home Care Manager
Hospital Home Care Clinical Lead